Posted by Katie smith / 4/19/2012 / 3 Comments / crafting , go green , tutorial
Recycled Blue Jeans iphone Cozy DIY
Here's a tutorial I whipped up for you guys. I called it an iphone cozy because that's the type of phone I have, but you could make this for whatever type of phone you own.
Supplies: Old Blue Jeans, Felt, Sewing Machine.
1. For iphone peeps- cut a 3&1/2" x 15" piece of your jeans.
For other types of phones, here's how to get the measurements you need: Measure the width of your phone and add 1/2". also measure the length of your phone and triple that number.
2. To decorate your iphone cozy, cut a shape (or shapes.) out of felt and sew it down to the left 5" of your jeans.
3. Sew a zig zag stitch along the right edge of your jeans, or you could also hem it.
4. Fold the right 5" of your jeans over (right sides together.) and pin it down. Sew down the 2 sides.
5. Flip right side out.
6. Hem the flap, or you could also sew a zig zag stitch along the edges.
7. Make sure your phone fits!