Posted by Katie smith / 7/06/2011 / 7 Comments / crafting , tutorial
Notebook Tote Bag Tutorial
A couple of months ago my Mom, Sister and I were at Anthropologie and they had a tote bag that looked like notepaper.
Inspired by it, I finally decided to make my own version. Here's a DIY for you!
Tools and Supplies:
White Fabric, Blue and Red Thread, Ribbon, Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
1. Cut your fabric.
I cut mine 18" x 24" and folded it in half.
2. Sketch out your notebook lines and if you want a "to-do list"
3. Taking your fabric, start sewing blue lines across it.
Keep sewing blue lines until you get the notebook look you are going for.
4. Switch to red thread and Sew 1 red line down your fabric.
5. Now you can sew on your 'To-Do'. I didn't want to hand embroider it (I don't have the patience, lol) So I used the free motion foot on my sewing machine. but you may want to hand embroider it.
6. Hem the top edge.
7. With your bag inside out, Sew up the side(s) and bottom of your bag.
Be sure to leave the top open!!!
8. For the straps-- Cut your ribbon to the length you want, OR you can use fabric strips.
Pin your straps to the top of your bag.
9. Sew on your straps.
I did this by sewing around the top of my bag again.
Voila! Now you have a cute new tote bag! My Sister (Taylor) decided she LOVES the bag, so she's took it. haha.