Posted by Katie smith / 7/08/2016 / No comments / featured , pirouline , tutorial
DIY Watermelon Tins
- Empty tins
- Blue Painters Tape
- 1" paint brush
- #4 paint brush
- Lime green acrylic paint
- Dark green acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Red, Pink or Yellow acrylic paint (for the melon color)
Note- Let the paint completely dry in between steps. You may need to add more than one coat of each color to fully cover the printed tin.
1. Start by taping placing a strip of tape about 1" up from the bottom of the tins using the blue painters tape.
2. Paint the tin above the tape with pink. Or red or yellow, or whatever color you want your watermelon to be! Also paint the lid.
3.Move the tape down about a 1/4" of an inch and paint the section between the tape and the painted pink white, for the watermelon rind.
4. Remove the tape and paint the bottom section of the tin in lime green. Once dry, use a #4 paint brush to paint little squiggles with dark green paint, as pictured below.
5. Use a #4 paint brush with black acrylic paint to paint "seeds" onto your melon. They're basically raindrop shaped, with the pointy end up.
There you have it! 3 tins that look good enough to eat. Okay maybe not, but I LOVE watermelon. It's my favorite summer food.
I think these will be great table decor for the summer!
What color watermelon is your favorite?