Posted by Katie smith / 12/14/2015 / No comments / Christmas , hazel and ruby , pirouline , tutorial
DIY Pirouline Tin Lid Ornaments
Hey guys, Happy Monday! If you're new here, I post a recycled Pirouline tin craft every month! You can find them all here.
Today I wanted to share with you these ornaments I made from empty Pirouline can lids! Yep, these fun ornaments are made from tin lids. I love recycling!
- DIY Decor Tape- 4" Deer Tape, 4" Gold Confetti Dot and 4" Candy Cane Stripes
- Tin Lids (I used some lids by Pirouline)
- Christmas Stickers
- Eye Pins
- Strong Glue
1. Roll out a 6" strip of each of your DIY Decor Tapes onto white cardstock.
2. Trace the back of your tin lids onto the backside of your DIY Decor Tape cardstock.
3. Cut out your circles and use adhesive to glue them into the lids. You can do however many lids/ornaments that you want.
4. Embellish by adding Christmas stickers into the lids as well. I had these epoxy stickers in my stash that went well.
5. Use black paint to paint around the edge of your tin.
Adhere an eye pin to the back of your tin as well. Make sure you have it facing whatever direction you want the top of your ornament to be.
Now you can also cut out another circle of cardstock to glue over the backside of your lid/ornament to make it a bit more finished. But it is the backside, so it doesn't matter to much.
Voila! I think these turned out pretty cute for recycled ornaments, don't you? The DIY Decor Tape was perfect for this!
Thank you for stopping by and reading! Have you made your own ornaments this year?