Posted by Taylor Smith / 6/18/2015 / 2 Comments / tutorial
DIY Citrus Potholders
Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by my sister's blog! I'm happy to be sharing this guest post today, showcasing these cute diy citrus fruit potholders. These cute kitchen accessories only take about an hour to make!
1 Fat Quarter of citrus fruit printed fabric
Scraps of coordinating fabric
2. Cut one circle in half and sew strips to the center "half" lines, right sides together. Fold scraps around the center edge and sew along the back side as well.
5. Stack up the layers of the potholder in the following order:
- Solid citrus circle - wrong side facing up
- Layers of kitchen towels for thickness
- Solid citrus circle - right side facing up
- Two citrus circle halves - wrong side facing up
6. Sew all the way around the circular edge of the potholder stack, staying close to the edge, but making sure that you have sewn through all of the layers. Trim off any extra around the edge.
7. Flip the two half pieces around ("inside out" style) to the other side of the potholder. Now all the seams should be hidden.
Are you a fan of the fruit trend??
Thanks for stopping by! -Taylor