Posted by Katie smith / 4/10/2015 / 3 Comments / pirouline , tutorial
DIY Baking Sheet and Pirouline Tin Magnetic Board
For this month I am sharing a super fun project (at least I think so)! I had a couple of older baking sheets laying around- They weren't so great for baking anymore, cookies always stuck to them, etc, So I've been saving them for a project!
I've seen a lot of projects on pinterest where baking sheets are used as magnetic bulletin boards. Well, I wanted to do that with a twist!
I made a magnetic bulletin board with Pirouline tin magnets!
Supplies: Old baking sheet/cookie tin, spray paint, empty pirouline tins (eat ALL the cookies!), paper, mod podge, paint brush, letter stickers, magnet buttons, strong adhesive
2. Use some letter stickers to spell out a title, quote or whatever you want on the top of your baking sheet. I used some letters by MAMBI, I loved how big they were.
Use Mod Podge to seal them and make sure they are't going anywhere.
3. Next cut your paper down to the right size to cover your empty tins. I used some wrapping paper.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the backside of your paper and roll it around your tin.
5. Repeat with 2 more tins.
6. Take a 2nd color of spray paint and color block the bottom of your tins.
I held the tin at the top and sprayed around the bottom edge. I like the painted look, but you could definitely skip this step if you do not.
7. Use a strong adhesive, like E6000, to glue 3 magnet buttons onto the backs of your tins. Let those dry.
Now stick your magnetic tins onto your baking sheet! What I love is that you can store supplies, like paint brushes, markers, etc, in the tins and then just take the tin off when you want to use the supplies!
Magnets are awesome!
If you want to see all of my recycled Pirouline tin projects, click here.