Posted by Katie smith / 2/03/2015 / No comments / hazel and ruby , tutorial
DIY Spring Tissue Paper Wreath
Hey everyone, Can you believe it's February already? It's time for Valentines and spring colors, so today I am up on the Hazel and Ruby blog sharing this wreath that Taylor and I made!
We recycled the wreath we made for Christmas by removing the Christmas-y papers and using Hazel and Ruby Pass the Tissue papers in spring colors.
- Wreath Form
- Hazel and Ruby Papers- Lace is the Place, Bubble Gum/White Polka Dot, Teal Then/White Polka Dot
- Hot Glue
- Patterned Paper
- Letter Stickers
- Scallop Polka Dot Party Washi
- Paper Twine, Ribbon
1. Start by cutting your tissue papers into rectangles, our were approximately 4"x8".
2. Lightly crumple your tissue papers and squish one end together and glue down onto your wreath form. Repeat with other colors, as pictured below.
3. Repeat step 2 until you have the entire wreath covered.
4.We decided out wreath was maybe a bit too fluffy, so we just trimmed about 1.5" off of the tissue paper, giving it a "haircut".
I added a little extra embellishment with HAzel and Ruby's Scallop washi tape, a little doodling with white and black pens, Thickers and then hot glued the banners onto some paper twine.
If you get a chance, hop over to the Hazel and Ruby blog for even more inspiration!
Have you started on Valentines projects yet?