Posted by Katie smith / 11/14/2014 / 3 Comments / blueprint social , Christmas , star trek , tutorial
ILTC Sparkle Ugly Christmas Sweater- Star Trek Style
Hey guys, today I'm super excited to be a part of I Love to Create's "Sparkle Ugly Sweater" campaign! If you've been invited to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party this year, you can find some awesome Holiday Inspiration here.
All you need is a thrift store sweater and some of the fantastic products from Tulip. My personal favorite is their iron-on glitter sheets! I love those!
*I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with I Love to Create and Blueprint Social;
they sent me the products for free and I was paid for writing this post.*
ILTC sent me a fantastic group of products, like fabric paints and glitter iron on sheets, to restyle a sweater with. But I am such a nerd. I couldn't make just a Christmas sweater, mine is a Star Trek Christmas Sweater, which is very logical, right?
If you're a trekkie, like me, Here's how to make your own sparkly Spock ugly Christmas sweater!
Supplies: Thrifted Sweater, Fabric Paint, Dimensional Glitter Fabric Paint, Glitter Bond, Fashion Glitter, Iron-on Transfer Glitter Sheets, Coloring Page, Scissors, Paintbrush
1. I started by finding a coloring page or drawing of spock (or the person you want to paint on your sweater). Cut out around it.
2. Next I cut the coloring page up, so that I was just using his shirt. I placed it on my sweater and drew around it with Tulip's Dimensional Glitter Fabric Paint. After that, I removed the shirt template and filled in the area with my glitter fabric paint.
3. Next you'll want to repeat step 2 with his head- Cut off the collar and hair and place the head where it should go. Trace around it, this time with Tulip's Fabric Paint ( I mixed a little white and gold together) and then fill the area in.
4. Repeat the same step with the collar and hair, only this time using black fabric paint.
5. For the face, I honestly just free handed Spocks face with a tiny paint brush and Tulip's Fabric Paint. You could cut up the face template further and use it as a template if you needed to.
I also outlined the rest of him with the black paint.
6. Use Glitter Bond and Gold Fashion Glitter to put the starfleet logo on Spocks shirt.
7. Now Spock needs a santa hat! Sketch one out on the backside of a red Iron On Glitter Transfer Sheet and cut it out. Iron it down, following the directions.
8. Use Glitter Bond and White Fashion Glitter to add on the "fur" of the Santa hat.
9. To finish off my sweater, I added my saying, Trek the Halls, with some of the Iron On Glitter Transfer Sheets. I actually cut them out on my Silhouette Portrait machine.
I don't think I'm going to an ugly Christmas sweater party this year, but I still think this is an amazing sweater & a fun project to do!
You can follow I Love to Create for more great ideas: Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest
And also be inspired by more ugly sweaters by checking out the other projects in this blog hop!
This post is sponsored by Blueprint and I Love To Create. I received compensation, but I truly love the products!