Posted by Katie smith / 11/11/2014 / No comments / pirouline , tutorial
DIY Autumn Leaves Pirouline Tins
It's time for another Pirouline Project! If you're new here, I post a recycled Pirouline tin craft every month! You can find them all here. My first Pirouline project was actually this time last year! I decorated a couple of tins with some hand drawn owls.
This month I was really inspired by Autumn so I went outside and collected these yellow, orange and red leaves from my neighbors tree(We don't have any trees in our yard!).
Here's how to make your own version-
Supplies: Empty Pirouline Tins, Colorful Leaves (real or fake), Hot Glue, RicRac, Twine, Fall Themed Stickers.
1. You'll want to use your biggest leaves to start with, Apply hot glue around the back edges and a strip down the center of them.
2. Stick your leaf to your empty Pirouline tin. I started with my biggest, greener leaves placing them around the can.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until your have your tin covered in pretty autumn leaves.
I worked my way through the leaves, biggest to smallest so that my small bright leaves were on top.
4. Wrap ribbon, ricrac, or twine around the top edge of your tin. Secure the ends by tying a knot or with hot glue.
5. You can also add some extra embellishment with some Fall themed scrapbooking stickers or tags!
So, that's it! These were actually pretty easy and the end result is so pretty and perfect for Autumn and a Thanksgiving centerpiece!
Also, you get to have fun collecting Autumn leaves!