Posted by Katie smith / 1/16/2014 / 9 Comments / crafting
Tea Mixed Media Bookmarks
Hey guys, guess what? It's national hot tea month. I drink hot tea ALL day long. I love tea (every month is tea month for me.) so I decided to do a fun project to celebrate. I also love reading so I made these bookmarks.
There is a lot of mixed media involved on these, gelatos, heat embossing, spray mists, etc. I made a simple how-to if you want to see how I made them:
1. Cut 2 bookmarks from cardstock and coat them with gesso. Let that layer dry.
2. Using gelatos, color your bookmarks. I used varying shades of green, I love the "Green Tea" shade. :)
3. Time for a little heat embossing! I used flowery stamps from My Minds Eye with green embossing powder. I also added some gold spray mist.
4. Emboss a teacup or other design and add your quotes.
5. I also added little "tea bag tags" to my bookmarks. I cut small squares of cardstock, colored it with gelatos and markers than attached it to my bookmark like twine.
Now, go make a cup of tea and read a good book! My Aunt's blog is actually called "Books, Tea, and Me." (which I didn't think about until after I'd made these) so I might send them to her.