Posted by Katie smith / 8/01/2013 / 4 Comments / crafting , tutorial
DIY Despicable Me Minion Phone Cozy
Have you seen Despicable Me 2 yet? We went to see it when it came out, it's super cute! My favorite part of the Despicable Me movies are the minions. I love those little guys. I wanted to make a fun minion project and this is what I decided on. My phone is now a minion. Yours could be too! :)
Supplies: Yellow, White, Black, and Blue Felt, Sewing Machine, Black Thread, Scissors
1. Measure your phone to determine what size yellow rectangles to cut out. Add about 1/2" to each side for seam allowances. Cut out 2 yellow rectangles from felt that size.
2. Using a picture of a minion as a guide, cut out his features from the other colors of felt- grey and black goggles, white eye, blue overalls. They're really simple shapes, just circles and rectangles.
3. Using your sewing machine (or by hand! I just don't have the patience.) stitch down the felt features. I started with the eye, than added goggles. After the I did the mouth and overalls.
4. Stitch a 1/4" hem on the top edge of both yellow pieces.
5. Place them rights sides together, pin and stitch down the 2 sides and the bottom using a 1/4" seam. Leave the top open!
6. Flip right side out through the top! Now your phone can be despicably awesome.