Posted by Katie smith / 7/26/2013 / 1 Comment / crafting , tutorial
DIY No-Sew Recycled Jeans Kindle Cozy
My Mom recently texted me a picture of a tablet cover that was made from a pair of yellow jeans. I don't have a tablet, but I do have a kindle and a pair of old jeans. I don't like sewing blue jeans so I just recovered a kindle cover rather than sew one. It's much easier.
Here's how I did it:
Supplies: Hard Kindle Cover/Cozy to recover, Old Blue Jeans, Scissors, Spray Adhesive, Flat Backed Rhinestones, sTrong Adhesive (like E6000)
1. Measure your kindle cover, add 1/2" to each measurement.
2. Cut your jeans to the above measurement, placing your pocket where the front will be and the top edge of the jeans at the top.
3. Iron a the sides in the create a finished edge on the sides and bottom.
4. Use spray adhesive to adhere the hems down.
5. Spray the backside of your jeans with adhesive & lay your cover right side down on it. mash down firmly to make sure the jeans are in place.
6. Use a strong adhesive to adhere a few rhinestones on the front of your cover.
It's really easy. As long as you use a spray adhesive that's meant for multi purposes it should be plenty strong and hold the jeans to the cover. Just be careful not to get too much on your fingers. They'll be sticky for a while! :)