Posted by Katie smith / 1/26/2013 / 7 Comments / crafting , tutorial
Mod Podged Map Art DIY
My bedroom has a ocean/travel theme and I am working on hanging some art up but I need more art so this is one of the pieces I've created. I will share some pictures of my room once it's finished.
Supplies: Canvas, Vintage Papers or Scrapbook Papers, Mod Podge, Paint Brush, Paint
1. Cut your papers into 1" strips.
2. Using your mod podge, adhere the papers down onto your canvas.
3. Trim away any excess paper hanging off the edges of your canvas.
4. Now you need to trace a map onto your canvas. I used my superpower which is being able to draw something just by looking at it, but if you don't have that superpower, you can use another method of transferring it onto the canvas.
5. Paint in your map.
6. Add any words or quotes you want. I love the quote from the movie UP (which if you haven't seen, you totally should!) "Adventure is out there!"
I really like how this looks, It's definitely going on my wall. Have you created any art to hang in your room/house?