Posted by Katie smith / 5/22/2012 / 7 Comments / crafting , tutorial
SeaShell Softie DIY
The next softie in my Summer Softie series is this cute little SeaShell! I think it might look better if you made him in a silvery color maybe, instead of tan, but I didn't have any silver felt.
Supplies: Felt, Buttons for eyes, Cotton Stuffing, Needle and Thread, Sewing Machine
1. Cut out the pattern.
2. Pin it to your felt, and cut out 2 layers from your felt.
3. Taking your top layer of felt, Sew lines down your shell.
4. Sew on your mouth and eyes.
5. Pin your 2 felt shells right sides together.
6. Sew around your shell, staying about 1/4" away from the edge. Don't sew it up completely! You want to leave a hole to flip it right side out.
7. Flip it right side out.
8. Now you can stuff it. Place more stuffing in the front (the small side) of the shell, so that it has more of the right shape.
9. Taking a needle and Thread, Stitch you opening closed.
and that's it! you're done. In the picture below I'm afraid he looks more like pizza crust or something than a seashell, But I still like him. :)
Want to know how to make the Starfish? Get the tutorial here.