Posted by Katie smith / 3/20/2011 / 8 Comments / crafting , tutorial
First day of Spring + Spring Wreath DIY
Good Morning! Today is officially the first day of spring, However, here in Texas it has been almost 90 degrees some days. So it feels more like summer. (I've already been swimsuit shopping!)
Anyway, I had a wreath laying around in our craft studio, So I decided to do a fun DIY--
Tools and Supplies:
Wreath, Fabric Strips, Pretty Paper, Chipboard Letters, Glue
Scissors, Pins, Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
1. Take your Fabric Strips (I had these leftover from another project, But you can cut some out of fabric!) and sew the ends together to make 1 really long strip.
It doesn't matter if they don't match up perfectly.
2. Start wrapping your wreath with your fabric strip, Keep going until you are all the way around.
(It's easiest to wrap if you roll your strip up into a ball.)
3. When you get to the end of your strip, wrap it over to the backside of your wreath and Pin it down. Or if you like, You can glue it.
Now for the fun Medallion decorations:
1. Cut a 1" x 12" strip of paper. Fold it back and forth, back and forth, Until you have the strip pictured on the left below.
2. Glue the 2 ends of your pleated strip together to make a circle.
3. Place a dot of hot glue in the middle and squeeze your circle shut.
4. Glue your letter to the front of your medallion.
Repeat for remaining letters.
5. Glue your letters to the front of your wreath.
6. Attach a ribbon to the back (I glued mine.)
Voila! Now hang it on the door and you will have the cutest door in the neighborhood! :)
Hope you liked this tutorial! I really like how my wreath turned out. Do you?