Posted by Katie smith / 10/19/2010 / 9 Comments / tutorial
Interchangeable Theme Pillow DIY
Hey Guys, So,This is the tutorial I was working on yesterday! A pillow with cute panels that you can change around whenever you feel like it! They just button right on. or off!
Tools & Supplies: Fabric, Stuffing, Buttons, and a Sewing Machine or if you want, you could sew this by hand. it would just take longer.
for your pillow:
1. Cut Two 11" squares of fabric, and pick out 4 buttons you like.
2.Sew your buttons to the 4 corners of 1 of the squares.
3. Sew & stuff your pillow.
For the Interchangeable Panels:
1. Cut Two 11" squares of fabric. Decorate 1 of them. (I appliqued a pumpkin.)
2. Put the right sides together and sew along the edges, leaving a small space to flip it right side out.
Flip right side out, and iron flat. Also, Stitch the opening closed.
3. Lay it up against your pillow and mark where the buttons are. Cut slits for button holes and go along the edge of your button hole with a small zigzag stitch so that the edges don't fray.
4. Button it to your pillow! and voila!
I am going to make some more panels with different themes... Maybe an owl? or something for Christmas. we shall see. :)
I would love to see your version! Please send me a link!